White Wolf- Dark Eon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omen Eclispe- a world of fantasy, horror, and intrigue. A place set in the Dark Ages a time of death, struggle and riches. A place where not everything is what it seems and the night takes on a life of its own.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LORE QUESTION THREAD!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Indian_Summer
Yeoman
Yeoman
Indian_Summer

LORE QUESTION THREAD! Empty
PostSubject: LORE QUESTION THREAD!   LORE QUESTION THREAD! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Alright, so I know that some of us aren't so much buffs on the Lore of World of Darkness- especially Dark Ages. And not all of us have access to the books that we can get! That's okay, though, because you have people who will happily answer your questions. I'm not as good as some others on the server, but you have my sincere promises that I will do my best to answer your questions on the Classical World of Darkness, Dark Ages, Clans, Gifts, Paths, Tribes, Garou, Vampire, Fae, Hunters, etc!

LORE QUESTION THREAD! Tumblr_ly8lyv5X9i1r1km7ao1_500
Back to top Go down
Reaperof666
Yeoman
Yeoman
Reaperof666

PostSubject: Re: LORE QUESTION THREAD!   LORE QUESTION THREAD! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Well, here's the first question: Do you want a link for books to give to people on here? And which ones are there for Dark Ages?

Other than that, I suggest giving a quick synopsis of what each 'Race' (Human, Hunter, Vampire, Garou) is as well as each subrace (Ghoul, I believe Knightly already has something on the wolf-kin-folk people...) so people know what they are getting into. Some people still don't....

That'll basically narrow down questions to be more specific for the most part and perhaps open new questions from the information presented! Very Happy

And I, as a gamer, HATE looking through several books, let alone forum threads, in search of one specific material, so it's nice to have a bit in each place for easy reference Razz

Reaper out.
Back to top Go down
Indian_Summer
Yeoman
Yeoman
Indian_Summer

PostSubject: Re: LORE QUESTION THREAD!   LORE QUESTION THREAD! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Well, the point of the thread is to offer information without violating copyright laws and getting people in trouble.

That said, I'll work on all that I can, I figure!
Back to top Go down
dunkelzahn
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: LORE QUESTION THREAD!   LORE QUESTION THREAD! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:42 am

Aside the RL sources on "witchcraft" such as the Malleus Malleficarum, are there any setting specific things the hunters (Inquisition, society of leopold) reference in terms of studying the elimination of supernaturals?

And for my vampire: How much earth does an old clan Tzimisce need for sleeping? Will a handful sprinkled over the body be enough to avoid the curse, or would she need to deposit a crate full of carpathian dirt somewhere and burrow herself in it each day?
Back to top Go down
a_paladin
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: LORE QUESTION THREAD!   LORE QUESTION THREAD! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Quote :
Does one as old as you recognize this curse? Without at least two handfuls of dirt from a palce important to them as a mortal, Tzimisce grow weaker until they spend a full night surrounded by their precious soil once more. Wise Tzimisce keep much more than two handfuls around. Some don't feel safe unless they have a dozen crates of the stuff hidden all over town.

From the Tzimisce clanbook.
Back to top Go down
Indian_Summer
Yeoman
Yeoman
Indian_Summer

PostSubject: Re: LORE QUESTION THREAD!   LORE QUESTION THREAD! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:53 pm

As for the bit about where to study for the elimination of the supernatural, I would take cues from RL examples; Religion, Inquisitors, etc. Even fiction can help in many things, Van Helsing being the most popular one. However:

Quote :
"Professional" or semi-professional vampire hunters played some part in the vampire beliefs of the Balkans (especially in Bulgarian, Serbian, and Romani folk beliefs). In Bulgarian, the terms used to designate them included glog (lit. "hawthorn", the species of wood used for the stake), vampirdzhiya, vampirar, dzhadazhiya, svetocher etc.

In some traditions, the killing of vampires was only performed by vampire hunters. Aside from the well-known manners of execution (staking the corpse, burning it, etc.) that were normally entrusted to them, the hunters were also capable of using other methods such as enticing the invisible creature with music and then shooting it, or throwing its hat or head-cloth into the water and telling it to go fetch it (which caused it to drown).

As well, mythology about the thing in question (apart from vampires) usually works, since World of Darkness takes inspiration from real life myths and lore.
Back to top Go down
a_paladin
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: LORE QUESTION THREAD!   LORE QUESTION THREAD! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Anyone happen to know which book the hunters here are out of?
Back to top Go down
Indian_Summer
Yeoman
Yeoman
Indian_Summer

PostSubject: Re: LORE QUESTION THREAD!   LORE QUESTION THREAD! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Dark Ages: Inquisitor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LORE QUESTION THREAD!   LORE QUESTION THREAD! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LORE QUESTION THREAD!
Page 1 of 1